Skip to main content

To Hope Or Not To Hope.

I feel myself guarding against disappointment. I've had my hopes up before, and disappointment came my way. This time I think, "I won't put my hopes in this test or this treatment... though I hope it works. But my deeper Hope (with a capital H) is in God who is ALWAYS faithful." So, if this new treatment doesn't work, I will lean on my faithful heavenly Father who is still leading us THROUGH this valley. He does not stop leading just because this next treatment isn't THE answer. But, I hope it is. He knows what he is doing. He doesn't waste any hurt. Now, if it does provide relief... we must press on in our pursuit of truth and emotional healing. God is doing a good work that we never would have sought after if it weren't for this pain he let into our life. It drove us to seek emotional help with a truly anointed Christian psychologist. There is a better, freer, fuller, and more intimate life out there to which God wants to lead us. 

We've been initiated on the journey, and must not stop till His work is complete. David 

 Deuteronomy 7:2-3 "Don't forget how the LORD your God has led you through the desert for the past forty years. He wanted to find out if you were truly willing to obey him and depend on him, so he made you go hungry. Then he gave you manna... The LORD was teaching you that people need more than food to live... They need every word that the LORD has spoken." Psalm 71:20 "Though you have me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up." James 1:12 "God will bless you, if you don't give up when your faith is being tested. He will reward you with a glorious life, just as he rewards everyone who loves him." Romans 8:28-29 "We know that in all things God works for good with those who love him, those whom he has called according to his purpose. Those whom God has already chosen he also set apart to become like his Son, so that the Son would be the first among many believers."

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:45 PM

    Thank you for sharing, this post is very timely given my mom's illness. I do struggle with just how to pray--do I pray with hope and confidence that God will do as I wish (heal my mom) because I know He can do it, or do I pray that He will continue to lead us and be with us, whatever the outcome. I suppose I conclude, as you do, that God is working through this difficult time, and the most important thing is that He will be with us, drawing us ever closer to Him. Thanks for sharing the verses, too--much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage: Cultural Misconception Exposed.

Recently I had a single person ask me if marriage was difficult. I'm not sure I can make a statement that rings true in all and for all marriages.   My experience of marriage has been intertwined with my wife's difficult health problems. Thus my perspective has been colored. Facing life in the midst of these health problems has been the most difficult experience of my life. What I can say about marriage is that I was lied to almost my entire life. God did not invent marriage to "make us happy"... The lie propagated by nearly every facet of American society as a whole. A lie left largely un-refuted by church, or so it seemed to me. "Oh, he makes me so happy!" and then when he doesn't make you happy any longer... "I just don't love him anymore". Divorce then follows. The now single person starts looking for another source of happiness. The cycle repeats, as the broken and imperfect person seeks the wrong remedy. I do not mean to say that you

Bandon Oregon

I first played Bandon Dunes 8 years ago with my college buddies. It was beyond amazing! It was everything one could hope for, just epic! Between the mist, fog, break through sunlight, walks though dunes, pine forest, on the edge of 100’ cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean! It was simply amazing! Since then, I’ve only longed to go bock. Yet, our plans never seemed to gain traction towards  return trip to Bandon. After this 2023 last trip to Jackson Wyoming, I decided to stop waiting on others, and I planned a solo trip to Bandon. Part of being a real fan of golf, I think, involves the enjoyment of golf getting paired with other random golfers. We all share the somewhat of the same love for the game, or we wouldn’t be there. You can talk, but you don’t necessarily have to make conversation. Just talk about the golf, the surroundings, “good shot!” I initially set out for this to be a completely solo trip, just fly out on my own, but my wife ended up having a change of heart and desi