Skip to main content

Spiritual Warfare (Again) Preemptive This Time.

What made today different? I don't know. But instead of moving through the day with hope and peace... I just felt angry and hopeless. I hurt. I felt like saying "Screw you God! What are you waiting on?! I'm just going to gratify myself in whatever the hell I want because you obviously aren't going to do anything for me!"

After this tantrum passed, I resolved to not do all the crap my sinful nature wanted to do. I love my wife and I want to honor her. I love my God... the very one who I was blaming for not showing up. So, I diverted my evil and prayed.

Then I basically just fell into some self-pity and depression. I sent out a text asking for some prayer. God seemed so silent and distant.

My wife felt the same. She felt resolved to a belief that God had bad plans for her... And was taunting her with hopes and dreams... So he could defeat her. It made no logical sense, but the feelings were overwhelming.

So, I acknowledge her feelings. I empathized with her. But I affirmed my unconditional love for her. My commitment forever. I told her how I was incapable of that apart from a God who first loved her.

A little later, we then found ourselves pitted against one another. Both she and I so easily irritated. We couldn't even communicate. We both hated the way we were feeling and we came together with a repentant attitude and really listened to one another.

I cried out to God, "deliver me!" Don't you want to deliver me and use my story to give someone else hope that you will show up in their darkest hour? Don't you work good from bad?

God... What? What do you want me to do? God, I do not have what it takes in and of myself... I need you. I need your grace. I need you to strengthen me with faith. I need you to deliver me to joy. I need more of you!

Sincerely.

David


UPDATE: Not all that long after I wrote the above... Unexpectedly, a four year old prayer request was answered!

"Why today?" I wondered. It was such a rough and faithless day on my part. Then it dawned on me. God had this break through answer to prayer on the schedule. Satan wanted to thwart this amazing plan and was full on attacking us.

It wasn't pretty but we survived the attack and made it through to God's great blessing.

Next time I have a day similar... I need to acknowledge I'm under spiritual attack and not be so bewildered. I need to fight back, invoking the powerful name of Christ to protect me and to defeat the enemy. I need to have open eyes looking for the amazing thing God is about to do.

God is real. Satan is real. Spiritual warfare is real. Be prepared for battle.

David.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage: Cultural Misconception Exposed.

Recently I had a single person ask me if marriage was difficult. I'm not sure I can make a statement that rings true in all and for all marriages.   My experience of marriage has been intertwined with my wife's difficult health problems. Thus my perspective has been colored. Facing life in the midst of these health problems has been the most difficult experience of my life. What I can say about marriage is that I was lied to almost my entire life. God did not invent marriage to "make us happy"... The lie propagated by nearly every facet of American society as a whole. A lie left largely un-refuted by church, or so it seemed to me. "Oh, he makes me so happy!" and then when he doesn't make you happy any longer... "I just don't love him anymore". Divorce then follows. The now single person starts looking for another source of happiness. The cycle repeats, as the broken and imperfect person seeks the wrong remedy. I do not mean to say that you

Bandon Oregon

I first played Bandon Dunes 8 years ago with my college buddies. It was beyond amazing! It was everything one could hope for, just epic! Between the mist, fog, break through sunlight, walks though dunes, pine forest, on the edge of 100’ cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean! It was simply amazing! Since then, I’ve only longed to go bock. Yet, our plans never seemed to gain traction towards  return trip to Bandon. After this 2023 last trip to Jackson Wyoming, I decided to stop waiting on others, and I planned a solo trip to Bandon. Part of being a real fan of golf, I think, involves the enjoyment of golf getting paired with other random golfers. We all share the somewhat of the same love for the game, or we wouldn’t be there. You can talk, but you don’t necessarily have to make conversation. Just talk about the golf, the surroundings, “good shot!” I initially set out for this to be a completely solo trip, just fly out on my own, but my wife ended up having a change of heart and desi