Skip to main content

Answers of prayer... NOT coincidence!

So, as most of you know, my sweet wife has been suffering from a chronic and somewhat mysterious illness for more than two years. It can probably be summed up as eosinophilic colitis leading to a tragically robust immunologic response to a C.diff infection with multiple relapses and after a SEVERE case of colitis requiring 2 weeks in the hospital... she is left with the most insane IBS ever. IBS that has incapacitated her for the most part, tremendous pain and nausea. We pray desperately for healing from this. All that medicine has to offer hasn't been great thus far. We still work with all of her docs trying to make improvements. This is truly the hardest thing I've ever been through, and I'm not even the one who has the illness. I can't imagine what it must be like to actually be the one going through it.

Recently, God has started moving! Things are happening, and the instances are too frequent and too "divine" to just be coincidences. I have really felt that God does plan on healing my wife. At times Vanessa can believe it too, but her physical pain makes it hard to believe at times... "If he's going to heal me, why doesn't he just do it? I don't think he's ever going to heal me."

It is so hard to wait! I can't see what good could be accomplished from waiting any longer to heal my wife. I can see good that has come from this trial. My love has been purified for her. My love for God has been purified. I know I am dependent on him for my very breath. My faith is growing. So he calls us to "worry about nothing" and to trust him in everything. But its so hard to hang on and FEEL that. So, every once in awhile he throws us a bone.

I woke up at 2:30am this morning. Fairly awake. I ended up spending time in God's word before going back to sleep. Then today, my partner at work, Justin, told me that God woke him up at 2:30 am and told him to give me Habakkuk 2:3. He didn't remember what Habakkuk 2:3 said, but once he read it... he was in awe... then he told me and I was just "WOW!" tears welling up in my eyes, wow! Justin later said... Okay, I'm never questioning timing again. If its 2am... you're getting a text!

Now mind you that we're praying for healing... Habakkuk 2:3 "At the time I have decided, my words will come true. You can trust what I say about the future. It may take a long time, but keep on waiting--it will happen!"

AMAZING.

david

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:58 AM

    This is awesome man! I have seen this happen so many times it's pretty cool..

    Hang in there!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage: Cultural Misconception Exposed.

Recently I had a single person ask me if marriage was difficult. I'm not sure I can make a statement that rings true in all and for all marriages.   My experience of marriage has been intertwined with my wife's difficult health problems. Thus my perspective has been colored. Facing life in the midst of these health problems has been the most difficult experience of my life. What I can say about marriage is that I was lied to almost my entire life. God did not invent marriage to "make us happy"... The lie propagated by nearly every facet of American society as a whole. A lie left largely un-refuted by church, or so it seemed to me. "Oh, he makes me so happy!" and then when he doesn't make you happy any longer... "I just don't love him anymore". Divorce then follows. The now single person starts looking for another source of happiness. The cycle repeats, as the broken and imperfect person seeks the wrong remedy. I do not mean to say that you

Bandon Oregon

I first played Bandon Dunes 8 years ago with my college buddies. It was beyond amazing! It was everything one could hope for, just epic! Between the mist, fog, break through sunlight, walks though dunes, pine forest, on the edge of 100’ cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean! It was simply amazing! Since then, I’ve only longed to go bock. Yet, our plans never seemed to gain traction towards  return trip to Bandon. After this 2023 last trip to Jackson Wyoming, I decided to stop waiting on others, and I planned a solo trip to Bandon. Part of being a real fan of golf, I think, involves the enjoyment of golf getting paired with other random golfers. We all share the somewhat of the same love for the game, or we wouldn’t be there. You can talk, but you don’t necessarily have to make conversation. Just talk about the golf, the surroundings, “good shot!” I initially set out for this to be a completely solo trip, just fly out on my own, but my wife ended up having a change of heart and desi