Skip to main content

Growing Faith, My Purpose.


I feel God is still working in my heart during this trial. I feel a little more peace of late. I still have a strong desire for the trial to end, but I see and enjoy the beauty in life despite the pain. The beauty is God's love and my wife's heart. It wasn't too long ago, that I couldn't see past the pain. God is growing my faith. My faith that he is still here with us. My faith that he has good plans for us. My faith that he will deliver my wife's body to healing... this is a trial, one that will end.

My grandfather once said, "It's the tough times that make life worth living." I think there was some profound wisdom in his statement. We have something profound to fight for... Love. And I know that when we are delivered from this trial, that I will have wonderful growth in my heart to show for it. If you asked me months ago, "If you knew then what you know now about what life would be like married... would you still say yes?" I believe I would have said yes, but it would be with some reservation... some "bracing" for the pain that loving someone opens you up to. BUT NOW!!! Now, my "yes" is an emphatic one! I cannot imagine a life without the sweet love of my angel. I would rather have a difficult life with my beautiful wifel than an easy carefree life without her love.

I think that is a profound and wonderful achievement the Holy Spirit has made in my heart. The effects of which will outlast any trial, and shape the next 60 years of marriage to be great ones!

I also sense a purpose developing in my life to bring glory to God. The purpose was always there, but I wasn't embracing it... I still had my "expectations." I wasn't living for God's purpose. I hope that people can see that I believe in a personal relationship with a great and loving God... and that God is faithful and is always working to bring good to the lives of those who love him. I believe, when we are on the other side of this trial, people can look at our lives and know that it was God who delivered us through the valley and brought us to the mountain top on the other side... more mature, of purer hearts, and more in love with each other, and with Him.

God, I believe you are here. I believe you are good. I believe you are faithful. I believe you will deliver us from this trial and restore us to life in abundance. And when you do, I hope all who look in on our lives will see your goodness, love, and mercy.

David

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage: Cultural Misconception Exposed.

Recently I had a single person ask me if marriage was difficult. I'm not sure I can make a statement that rings true in all and for all marriages.   My experience of marriage has been intertwined with my wife's difficult health problems. Thus my perspective has been colored. Facing life in the midst of these health problems has been the most difficult experience of my life. What I can say about marriage is that I was lied to almost my entire life. God did not invent marriage to "make us happy"... The lie propagated by nearly every facet of American society as a whole. A lie left largely un-refuted by church, or so it seemed to me. "Oh, he makes me so happy!" and then when he doesn't make you happy any longer... "I just don't love him anymore". Divorce then follows. The now single person starts looking for another source of happiness. The cycle repeats, as the broken and imperfect person seeks the wrong remedy. I do not mean to say that you

Bandon Oregon

I first played Bandon Dunes 8 years ago with my college buddies. It was beyond amazing! It was everything one could hope for, just epic! Between the mist, fog, break through sunlight, walks though dunes, pine forest, on the edge of 100’ cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean! It was simply amazing! Since then, I’ve only longed to go bock. Yet, our plans never seemed to gain traction towards  return trip to Bandon. After this 2023 last trip to Jackson Wyoming, I decided to stop waiting on others, and I planned a solo trip to Bandon. Part of being a real fan of golf, I think, involves the enjoyment of golf getting paired with other random golfers. We all share the somewhat of the same love for the game, or we wouldn’t be there. You can talk, but you don’t necessarily have to make conversation. Just talk about the golf, the surroundings, “good shot!” I initially set out for this to be a completely solo trip, just fly out on my own, but my wife ended up having a change of heart and desi