Skip to main content

Healing Waters

I was recently in Eureka Springs and on one of the one hundred year old bath houses was written in stone, "Over 90 percent of Eureka's cures". People 100 years ago and still today believe in curative powers of natural spring waters, dead sea waters, etc. I have ZERO scientific evidence to support any of these types of claims. None exists.

When I was in high school I had plantar's warts on my feet. A seriously annoying problem. I had roughly 6-10 of them, mostly small. Some were big enough to cause pain and I had to walk on the outside edge of my feet. There are plenty of over the counter treatments, mainly types of acid preparations to melt them away. But they keep coming back, so you never really go back to normal. In extreme cases you go to a podiatrist and they cut them out. This is quite painful and you have a really difficult time walking for many days afterwards. I had treated them with over the counter acid for more than a year and never made any headway. My mother then told me of a time that she had a wart and "prayed it away", I started praying for them to leave my feet...

Several weeks go by...

I went fishing in the cold spring fed waters of the Blue River in Oklahoma. We were fishing for trout with flies and needed to wade in the water to get the flies critically delivered to prime trout habitat. I didn't have specially designed waders for this, I did it Okie style. My feet were submerged in this water for 4-5 hours.

I am a skeptic. I do not buy into homeopathic remedies. I am a "western medicine" advocate. I need to see controlled studies. but... you can't argue with results. 2 days after my fishing trip I attempted to treat my plantar warts only to find there was NO trace of any. After more than a year of failed treatment by conventional medicine... I had a bonified miracle cure.

David (dngilb md)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage: Cultural Misconception Exposed.

Recently I had a single person ask me if marriage was difficult. I'm not sure I can make a statement that rings true in all and for all marriages.   My experience of marriage has been intertwined with my wife's difficult health problems. Thus my perspective has been colored. Facing life in the midst of these health problems has been the most difficult experience of my life. What I can say about marriage is that I was lied to almost my entire life. God did not invent marriage to "make us happy"... The lie propagated by nearly every facet of American society as a whole. A lie left largely un-refuted by church, or so it seemed to me. "Oh, he makes me so happy!" and then when he doesn't make you happy any longer... "I just don't love him anymore". Divorce then follows. The now single person starts looking for another source of happiness. The cycle repeats, as the broken and imperfect person seeks the wrong remedy. I do not mean to say that you

Forgetting the Obvious

Well, its been a while since I've written... busy busy busy... but tonight's call has given me moments of free time to relax, including a trip to starbuck's across the street, and with such beautiful weather, I'm so lucky. Now I sit, under flickering flourescents, listening to the shoegaze drone of "Bethany Curve" every bit as relaxing as a nice dose of zolpidem. what shall I muse on tonight? I've been thinking alot on mid-life crises. Who has them?  I think I'm the sort that would have one. Even at 27, I still find myself wondering, "Is this what I want my life to be like?" I don't envision a life full of work, with only moments of fellowship. This will be temporary. I am applying for ophthalmology again, though with less enthusiasm. In part, because no matter how much I struggle for something, the only way it will happen is if God's will includes it. Isn't that right? I struggled hard for ophtho once, and I didn't get i