Skip to main content

Devil's Lullaby

During hard times one finds it easy to cry out to God. During really hard times one finds it difficult to believe God loves them and is good. Maybe the purpose of the really hard times isn't to get us to simply cry out to God... maybe the point is to get us to have a deeper understanding that God is good and how he loves us. He is not some senile old grandfather who just wants everyone to have a good time. He is a father who wants his children to grow and learn how to have faith and persevere under the trials of life. So they can be successful and victorious against a real enemy who wants to destroy them. Learning that the pain was allowed for our good is a tough lesson... it is the lesson of the really hard times.

 

Eventually, the really hard times ease up. Do we continue to cry out to God and spend time pursuing him, or do we fall to pursuits of leasure? The enemy never takes a day off... His goal is to destroy us. When things seem easy, it may be that we are simply falling asleep as we listen to the Devil's lullaby. He's not attacking us, he's allowing us to let our guard down. Hoping we fall asleep at the wheel of life. Then we when aren't prepared... he attacks! hoping that we forgot the lessons of "God is always good." He hopes we turn against the living God and curse him for allowing hardships to fall on us again.

 

Such seems to be happening to my wife and I currently. Her health had improved consistently for three or more months in a row. Life really seemed to be getting back to normal. While I continued spending time with God... I admit I spent less time in prayer. I lost the sense of urgency. I lost the realization that life is a continual battle and that Satan does not give up trying to wreck our lives and drag us down. Unfortunately, Vanessa seemed to have struggled to find her momentum with God.

 

A few weeks ago, I started praying that God would draw us back into a close and intimate daily walk with him. I feared I was opening us to more adversity. It seems to be so. Vanessa has had a few really challenging days of health. But thanks be to God for holding us close. We had open eyes to see it as it really is... and attack. Satan wants us to decide God isn't faithful. Instead, we recognized the attack of the enemy was an effort to get us to buy into a lie. The truth, though difficult to feel... we knew to be true. God IS good, and he has good plans for us. We are safe to trust him... with the help of the Holy Spirit, we held on!

 

Why do we pursue time with God in prayer and in his word? Number one, it should be for love of God. But I think a viable reason number two would be from the realization that the evil one never takes a day off. He is always scheming and will execute his plans to get us to doubt the one true God. We must be prepared for battle.

 

Prayer: Father, Thank you for helping us defeat the enemy last night when health was poor... when doubts and fears started to creep in. Help us to have a sense of daily urgency in preparing to engage the enemy when we least expect it. Father, give us faith, hope, peace and joy. Father, last night I praised your name in the face of Vanessa's difficult night, I believed you are up to something good! I believe you are teaching us, training us, preparing us to stand strong in faith... to be warriors for your cause not just for our lives but in the future lives of our children. You are victorious! I praise your name in times of blessing and in times of hardship! Great are you! I praise you Father! Be glorified in our lives. Draw my wife in close to you and turn her into a true warrior and use her for your kingdom purpose. In Jesus name, Amen.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, you are hereby notified that we do not consent to any reading, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the transmitted information.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage: Cultural Misconception Exposed.

Recently I had a single person ask me if marriage was difficult. I'm not sure I can make a statement that rings true in all and for all marriages.   My experience of marriage has been intertwined with my wife's difficult health problems. Thus my perspective has been colored. Facing life in the midst of these health problems has been the most difficult experience of my life. What I can say about marriage is that I was lied to almost my entire life. God did not invent marriage to "make us happy"... The lie propagated by nearly every facet of American society as a whole. A lie left largely un-refuted by church, or so it seemed to me. "Oh, he makes me so happy!" and then when he doesn't make you happy any longer... "I just don't love him anymore". Divorce then follows. The now single person starts looking for another source of happiness. The cycle repeats, as the broken and imperfect person seeks the wrong remedy. I do not mean to say that you

Bandon Oregon

I first played Bandon Dunes 8 years ago with my college buddies. It was beyond amazing! It was everything one could hope for, just epic! Between the mist, fog, break through sunlight, walks though dunes, pine forest, on the edge of 100’ cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean! It was simply amazing! Since then, I’ve only longed to go bock. Yet, our plans never seemed to gain traction towards  return trip to Bandon. After this 2023 last trip to Jackson Wyoming, I decided to stop waiting on others, and I planned a solo trip to Bandon. Part of being a real fan of golf, I think, involves the enjoyment of golf getting paired with other random golfers. We all share the somewhat of the same love for the game, or we wouldn’t be there. You can talk, but you don’t necessarily have to make conversation. Just talk about the golf, the surroundings, “good shot!” I initially set out for this to be a completely solo trip, just fly out on my own, but my wife ended up having a change of heart and desi