Skip to main content

Morning or Night?

Periodically, I feel convinced God wants me to spend time with him in the morning... before I start my day. I get excited and I focused. I last about 4 days, then revert back to the "whenever I can squeeze it in," mentality.

Earlier in life, before life was substantially more difficult, I could not tell any added benefit from the early morning "God time." More recently, I can.

When I read God's word and pray at night, I'm usually licking my wounds by the end of the day. Picking up the pieces... asking God to "put humpty dumpty back together again." In contrast, when I spend my mornings with God... the trouble still comes, but I seemed emotionally and spiritually prepared for it. I navigated my day with more grace. By nightfall, there were no major wounds to lick. No pieces to put back together. Just minor scrapes and bruises. Small enough as to not cause any troublesome pain.

I'm starting to see each day as a spiritual battle. If I wait till night to engage with the Almighty... It means I've gone through my day of battle without my armor on. So of course I'll be beaten to a pulp! What was I expecting? But now, as I've spent the last several mornings connecting with God, the armor is ON. I've been prepared! Though trouble did come, I was ready. Ready to defend myself from the slings and arrows of our enemy. It paid off too. I did not fall into old patterns of "reacting." Instead, I sensed the Holy Spirit directing my response to the challenges. By grace, I came out of each day's battle standing in God's victory.

I see real progress here. Glory to God. I MUST keep this up!

David

Comments

  1. It's November 2014. I have kept up my morning's with God. They feel a very important part of my healthier life. Thank you Father God.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage: Cultural Misconception Exposed.

Recently I had a single person ask me if marriage was difficult. I'm not sure I can make a statement that rings true in all and for all marriages.   My experience of marriage has been intertwined with my wife's difficult health problems. Thus my perspective has been colored. Facing life in the midst of these health problems has been the most difficult experience of my life. What I can say about marriage is that I was lied to almost my entire life. God did not invent marriage to "make us happy"... The lie propagated by nearly every facet of American society as a whole. A lie left largely un-refuted by church, or so it seemed to me. "Oh, he makes me so happy!" and then when he doesn't make you happy any longer... "I just don't love him anymore". Divorce then follows. The now single person starts looking for another source of happiness. The cycle repeats, as the broken and imperfect person seeks the wrong remedy. I do not mean to say that you

Bandon Oregon

I first played Bandon Dunes 8 years ago with my college buddies. It was beyond amazing! It was everything one could hope for, just epic! Between the mist, fog, break through sunlight, walks though dunes, pine forest, on the edge of 100’ cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean! It was simply amazing! Since then, I’ve only longed to go bock. Yet, our plans never seemed to gain traction towards  return trip to Bandon. After this 2023 last trip to Jackson Wyoming, I decided to stop waiting on others, and I planned a solo trip to Bandon. Part of being a real fan of golf, I think, involves the enjoyment of golf getting paired with other random golfers. We all share the somewhat of the same love for the game, or we wouldn’t be there. You can talk, but you don’t necessarily have to make conversation. Just talk about the golf, the surroundings, “good shot!” I initially set out for this to be a completely solo trip, just fly out on my own, but my wife ended up having a change of heart and desi