Skip to main content

Lost and Found.

Lost and Found.

Today, I feel as if I found myself. I didn't even know that i was lost. I don't know what happened. It all started this morning. I didn't have to go into work until 10:30. This allowed me to start my day at Double Shot Coffee doing some medical reading, listening to good music and drinking good coffee all by myself. Maybe it was just much needed alone time. Maybe it was the beautiful weather. Perhaps it was the introspective music in my headphones... Either way, I felt connected to emotions and thought patterns that have been absent for much time. I liked it. I wanted more of it... How do I connect with myself? Maybe I need more solitude... Maybe I need to blog more... Maybe I need to listen to more music... I think I should kill my TV. I think I need to create more. I think I need to travel to the mountains and be in silence. Does anyone else ever feel this way???

David MD

ADDENDUM: Lost and Found Update

So, initially I was thinking that I needed more time by myself, or doing things that I like to do... perhaps I had neglected myself... I knew I wanted my wife to feel that I put her needs first. I sort of felt bad, guilty, that I had felt in such need of “time away” from her... but I was really feeling that I needed some "me time"... I spent some time in prayer just asking God to help me to know what to do with these feelings. Then almost as if magically out of no where, I just became extremely excited to see my wife! I wasn't focused on myself any longer. I just wanted to express my love to her and let her know that she is my treasure! When she finally got home from work, I was just giddy. I picked her way up in the air and squeezed her and kissed her, and told her everything wonderful about her and how much I love her. We had a cheap date night and just had a wonderful time... We even took a walk and prayed aloud to God. It was one of the best evenings in the past month. I love my wife!

David

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage: Cultural Misconception Exposed.

Recently I had a single person ask me if marriage was difficult. I'm not sure I can make a statement that rings true in all and for all marriages.   My experience of marriage has been intertwined with my wife's difficult health problems. Thus my perspective has been colored. Facing life in the midst of these health problems has been the most difficult experience of my life. What I can say about marriage is that I was lied to almost my entire life. God did not invent marriage to "make us happy"... The lie propagated by nearly every facet of American society as a whole. A lie left largely un-refuted by church, or so it seemed to me. "Oh, he makes me so happy!" and then when he doesn't make you happy any longer... "I just don't love him anymore". Divorce then follows. The now single person starts looking for another source of happiness. The cycle repeats, as the broken and imperfect person seeks the wrong remedy. I do not mean to say that you

Bandon Oregon

I first played Bandon Dunes 8 years ago with my college buddies. It was beyond amazing! It was everything one could hope for, just epic! Between the mist, fog, break through sunlight, walks though dunes, pine forest, on the edge of 100’ cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean! It was simply amazing! Since then, I’ve only longed to go bock. Yet, our plans never seemed to gain traction towards  return trip to Bandon. After this 2023 last trip to Jackson Wyoming, I decided to stop waiting on others, and I planned a solo trip to Bandon. Part of being a real fan of golf, I think, involves the enjoyment of golf getting paired with other random golfers. We all share the somewhat of the same love for the game, or we wouldn’t be there. You can talk, but you don’t necessarily have to make conversation. Just talk about the golf, the surroundings, “good shot!” I initially set out for this to be a completely solo trip, just fly out on my own, but my wife ended up having a change of heart and desi