Skip to main content

Moses: 72 hour hold for suicidal ideation.

I am blogging this from the air. Flying to Orange Co California.

A few days ago, I wrote a lengthy blog. It was a pep talk for myself and for others. I had been struggling emotionally, feeling beaten down and discontented. It was a very positive blog. I said all of the right things.... Then, 20 minutes later I couldn't identify or feel any of the good things I wrote about. So, I deleted it. Back to square one... Maybe this plane will crash and our pain will be over. Sound terrible? Probably... to those who haven't suffered for an extended season.

I used to look down on people who didn't feel like life was worth living. If you're reading this right now and feeling the same thing. Shame on you, you ignorant fool. Just as I was an ignorant fool. Now, I see clearly, this is a legitimate response to the pain. It's not where you should stay... and you should cry out to God to lift you up. Even a great man like Moses felt this way... in the middle of God's will for his life! In Number 11:14-15 "This job is too much for me. How can I take care of all these people by myself? If this is the way you're going to treat me, just kill me now and end my miserable life!"

I think its possible that to those who have surrendered their life to God's will... might need to be pushed this far... a breaking of our own will... realization that we need to be desperate for our Holy Father to sustain us; deliver us. I think this is partly what is going on in my life... in my wife's life. God. We get it.


Back to the blog i deleted: What I had written about was how people tend to overlook the abundance of great things they have to focus on the few things they don't have. I cited examples from my life and from a friends life. I long for what he has, he longs for what I have... difficulties and all. The basic take home message is to focus on your blessings. It's easy to do when it's a good day. Today is a good day. So far... I just have to have things go well a few more days in a row so I don't take a turn for the worse and delete this blog entry.

So what do I do about the difficult things I deal with in life? Man, my heart breaks every week. And I can't really see an end to it, based on my experience of the past. It's extremely hard to remain hopeful. But i believe, deep down, that this is where God has called me to be. He has plans for me and for my wife. Long ago, he asked... "will you go where I ask, even if it hurts more than you've ever hurt before?" After much struggle, I said yes... and I have held on to my faith and my trust in him and I continue to walk forward into the dark abyss trusting that my Lord can see what I cannot. Trusting that He is good, He does love me, and He does have good things in store for me and Vanessa.

Time will tell. And God will prove faithful and He will be glorified.

David

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage: Cultural Misconception Exposed.

Recently I had a single person ask me if marriage was difficult. I'm not sure I can make a statement that rings true in all and for all marriages.   My experience of marriage has been intertwined with my wife's difficult health problems. Thus my perspective has been colored. Facing life in the midst of these health problems has been the most difficult experience of my life. What I can say about marriage is that I was lied to almost my entire life. God did not invent marriage to "make us happy"... The lie propagated by nearly every facet of American society as a whole. A lie left largely un-refuted by church, or so it seemed to me. "Oh, he makes me so happy!" and then when he doesn't make you happy any longer... "I just don't love him anymore". Divorce then follows. The now single person starts looking for another source of happiness. The cycle repeats, as the broken and imperfect person seeks the wrong remedy. I do not mean to say that you

Bandon Oregon

I first played Bandon Dunes 8 years ago with my college buddies. It was beyond amazing! It was everything one could hope for, just epic! Between the mist, fog, break through sunlight, walks though dunes, pine forest, on the edge of 100’ cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean! It was simply amazing! Since then, I’ve only longed to go bock. Yet, our plans never seemed to gain traction towards  return trip to Bandon. After this 2023 last trip to Jackson Wyoming, I decided to stop waiting on others, and I planned a solo trip to Bandon. Part of being a real fan of golf, I think, involves the enjoyment of golf getting paired with other random golfers. We all share the somewhat of the same love for the game, or we wouldn’t be there. You can talk, but you don’t necessarily have to make conversation. Just talk about the golf, the surroundings, “good shot!” I initially set out for this to be a completely solo trip, just fly out on my own, but my wife ended up having a change of heart and desi